- Even if your charges were dismissed, you may have an arrest record which you may want to expunge.
- Clearing of certain juvenile and adult criminal arrest and conviction records.
The Expungement process:
To begin the process, you will be asked to:
- Schedule a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys.
- Bring any documentation that you may have regarding any and all arrests. If you don’t have any, that’s ok. We can obtain information.
At the first consultation:
- Your prior arrest(s) will be discussed and your eligibility for an expungement will be determined.
- Appointments for follow-up process (e.g. fingerprinting, affidavits, etc.) will be made, if necessary.
The Next Step:
A court must consider at least the following factors when determining the appropriate sentence:
- Once you retain our services, any necessary records will be obtained based on information provided in your criminal history.
- A Petition will be prepared for your signature.
- Your Petition for Expungement, Order for Hearing, and Order for Expungement and the filing fee of $52.50 will be submitted to the Superior Court for filing. Once the Hearing date is received, all necessary parties will be notified. A copy will be forwarded to you.
- Ordinarily, you will not be required to appear at the hearing date. A copy of the Order for Expungement will be forwarded to you upon receipt. The Order will also be forwarded to the top employment background-check companies to have any records they may be removed.